Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Crossroads - July 24, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicked fools will not go about on it.
Isaiah 35:8

Daily Thought

Bon Scott, lead singer for AC/DC, lived in Fremantle, Australia. Between his home and a pub called Raffles ran the Canning Highway, dubbed the Highway to Hell. As the road nears the pub, it dips down into a steep decline. Many people are killed driving fast on the Highway to Hell.

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
--AC/DC, Highway to Hell

Broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. Narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
--Jesus, Matthew 7:13-14

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Lord God, You are the Almighty Creator, the One who gives life, a life of abundance. We chase excitement and thrills, the forbidden fruit, flirting with danger, and all the while a life beyond our dreams awaits us. God, you would think the choice obvious, but we... no I, I am so intent on choosing my own way.

You changed my life. You changed my heart. You changed my desires. There is nothing more delightful than You, nothing more wonderful than holiness, but until You entered my life, I didn't see it. Now, it is what I want most. Thank You God.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment