Saturday, July 17, 2010

When's The Party? - July 17, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But see, there is joy and revelry,
slaughtering of cattle and killing of sheep,
eating of meat and drinking of wine!
"Let us eat and drink," you say,
"for tomorrow we die!"
Isaiah 22:13

Daily Thought

On Monday nights, you knew the football game was over when Dandy Don Meredith sang Willie Nelson:

Turn out the lights
The party's over

That's life.

On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare
a feast of rich food for all peoples,
a banquet of aged wine—
the best of meats and the finest of wines.
On this mountain
he will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
from all faces.
--Isaiah 25:6, 8

That's eternity.

Both the ungodly and the godly party. The difference is one party ends when the other is just getting started.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God in heaven, Your Name is Wonderful. I put all my trust, all my life in Your Name. I gladly exchange anything life has to offer me today for eternity with You. I have only just tasted Your glory here on earth. What will it be like when I am in Your presence. What a party!

To You, all glory and majesty, honor and praise.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment