Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Bride Adorns Herself With Jewels - July 31, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10

Daily Thought

Our wedding had been her dream since little girls begin dreaming.

Debbie can tell you every detail of our wedding. I can tell you one.

8,500 pearls.

A friend made her gown. It was white silk, long train, all that stuff. Ask Debbie. The detail I remember is the 8,500 little pearls she sewed one at a time on that dress. That's a lot of pearls and a lot of sewing.

Debbie was dazzling and heavenly and beautiful. This was her dream, to look her best for the man she loved.


"Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready." Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
--Revelation 19:7-8

And I was that man.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, When you are betrothed to the King, when you are engaged to our Savior, when you are promised to Jesus Christ, then the flirting ends. How many times do we still smile and wink at the world, the flesh, and the devil?

Our acts, what we do, these are the fine silk linen, the pearls sown on the bridal gown of the bride of Jesus Christ. May all of our lives be preparation for a wedding.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment