Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nothing Can Be Politically Right That Is Morally Wrong - July 10, 2010

Daily Reading
Isaiah 5-8

Daily Verse
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.
Isaiah 5:21

Daily Thought

Pilate said to the Jews, "I find no basis for a charge against him. It is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to release 'the king of the Jews'?"
--John 18:38-39

"We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.
--John 19:15-16

Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
--Isaiah 5:20

Pilate took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood."
--Matthew 27:24

Nothing can be politically right that is morally wrong.
--Benjamin Rush, 1793 (a signer of the Declaration of Independence)

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Righteous God, You are good and Your Words bring life. May I be one who hungers and thirsts for righteousness. May I live in peace, in so far as I am able. But, if something is wrong, may I be a defender of right, a defender of justice. May I be one who speaks up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of the poor and the needy.

May I never wash my hands of what is right and just and good.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment