Thursday, July 15, 2010

You're Mine, All Mine - July 15, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Do not forget the covenant I have made with you,
and do not worship other gods.
2Kings 17:38

Daily Thought

Selecting his wedding band was easy. Deciding on an engraving was her challenge.

"I choo choo choose you"
Uh, no.

"Today, I married my best friend"
A little sappy.

"July 15, 2010"
It would help him remember our anniversary...

"Two hearts, one soul"
I don't think so.

"And miles to go" (from a poem by Roberts Frost)
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" - not gonna happen.

"Eternally Yours" - "Today, Tomorrow, Forever" - "My Dream Came True" - "This Day And Always"
No, No, No, No!

On the wedding night, he pulled off his ring to read the inscription:
"Put it back on"

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Loving God, You sought me out and rescued me from the darkness I was in. You paid the price of my redemption. You spilled blood for my salvation. You gave Your life for me.

I love You back. I promise.

I will not seek other ways, other ideas, other gods. You did not need to seek me. You desired to. I, on the other hand, need to seek You. I pray, my God, that You will be and will always be my one desire, my full desire.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment