Monday, July 19, 2010

Who's On First - July 19, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Hezekiah was twenty-five years old when he became king,
and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years.
He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD.
2Chronicles 29:1-2

Daily Thought

In the first month of the first year of his reign, Hezekiah opened the doors of the temple, and repaired and consecrated the temple of the LORD. They began on the first day of the first month.
--2Chronicles 29:3, 5, 17

Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering.
--Genesis 4:4

Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God.
--Exodus 23:19

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
--Matthew 6:33

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.
--Romans 1:8

They gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will.
--2Corinthians 8:5

You have forsaken your first love. Repent and do the things you did at first.
--Revelation 2:4-5

First Things First

Hezekiah trusted in the LORD, the God of Israel. There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before him or after him. The LORD was with him; he was successful in whatever he undertook.
--2Kings 18:5-7

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Lord and My God, I worship You and love Your with all that I am. Which makes sense, since all that I am was created by You. You had an idea for me before I was born, and You formed me and watched me grow. I grow best, Father, when I remember from Whom I came.

You are the
First and, also, the Last. The Beginning and the End, Alpha and Omega, A and Z. You are before all things, and in You all things hold together. There is no life without You. Why would I even think of living my life without You. You are my God.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment