Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where, O Death, Is Your Sting? - July 18, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
He will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
from all faces.
Isaiah 25:8

Daily Thought

Six years old, I was scared to death of bees. Dad rolled the car windows down, offering escape, but this bee was intent on terror.

I obliged by screaming.

Finally, Dad reached over and caught the bee in his hand and held it.

I did not see it sting, but I know it stung, because he opened his hand and showed me the bee. Dead. Dad plucked the stinger out of his palm.

I was brave again.

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
--1Corinthians 15:55-57

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Savior God, You warned us. You told us that sin leads to death, and yet we like to sin. And so, we deserve death, because we chose a life of sin over a life of obedience. But, in astonishing love, You took the death we deserved, even while we continued to sin. No wonder we learn love only because You first loved us.

Amazing grace, You offer me. Through faith, I receive the righteousness of Your Son. I do not need to obey to earn Your love, but because of Your love freely given, I obey. Not because I need to, but because I want to. You have changed my desires, God, and now I want nothing more than to follow You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment