Friday, July 23, 2010

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form Of Worship - July 23, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
He who walks righteously
and speaks what is right,
who rejects gain from extortion
and keeps his hand from accepting bribes,
who stops his ears against plots of murder
and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-
this is the man who will dwell on the heights,
whose refuge will be the mountain fortress.
Isaiah 33:15-16

Daily Thought

There was a concert at the shopping plaza this evening. The band played songs by Journey. Remember Journey? "Don't Stop Believin'," "Any Way You Want," "Wheel in the Sky."

Close your eyes and you could hear Steve Perry on lead vocals. Except it wasn't Steve Perry. It was a guy imitating Steve Perry, and he sounded just like him. Just like him.

They were good.

What if the original Journey band was in the audience listening to their songs being performed by this band?

They would have loved it. Well done!

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
--Ephesians 5:1-2

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, when I think of Your Son, how He lived and how He died and how He rose again, I see a picture of You. He is the image, the perfect image of the invisible God. He is God. When we see Jesus, we see the Father, because You, God, are Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Three in One. I don't understand it, but I see it.

May I be an imitator of You, as well, so that when people see me, they see what You are like. I won't be perfect, but I'll aim for it. You began the work in me, and I trust You will continue it daily. May I love like You love, forgive as You forgive, seek Your righteousness and Your ways, and follow Your steps wherever You lead. And may I live in such a way that You are forever and always praised.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment