Friday, July 2, 2010

Commitment Means Action - July 2, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Elisha picked up the cloak that had fallen from Elijah
and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan.
2Kings 2:13

Daily Thought

Commitment. "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So the two of them walked on.
2Kings 2:6

Action.
Elisha picked up the cloak that had fallen from Elijah
and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan.
2Kings 2:13

Commitment.
"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
--Matthew 26:39

Action.
Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). Here they crucified him.
--John 19:17-18

Commitment.
At once they left their nets and followed him.
--Matthew 4:20

Action.
Anyone who does not carry his cross cannot be my disciple.
--Luke 14:27

But someone will say,
"You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds,
and I will show you my faith by what I do.
--James 2:18

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Lord and Savior, I believe fully in You, loving You with all of my being. I will stand for You and confess You before men. You are King of kings and Lord of lords.

I pray, God, that I will be a bright light, that I will be part of a church that sits on a hill, that my faith will not be hidden, but will shine in the darkness. That by all my actions people will know that You are God. I will take up the cross and follow You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment