Tuesday, July 6, 2010

He Bought Her Roses - July 6, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Amaziah was twenty-five years old when he became king.
He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, but not wholeheartedly.
2Chronicles 25:1-2

Daily Thought

He brought her roses. She arranged them in a vase and placed them in the middle of the dining room table.

"They are beautiful. Thank you honey. You didn't have to buy me flowers!"

"Of course I had to. It's Valentine's Day," he explained. "It's my duty."

He walked by the dining room later that evening and the flowers were gone. Never did see them again.

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
--Revelation 3:15-16

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, Savior and Lord, What amazes me is You gave Your all. Your love is never half way. Even while I am a sinner, Your Son died for me. He paid the full price for my salvation.

And yet, I struggle loving you wholeheartedly. Things other than you attract and distract me. Father, help me keep my eyes and You. My deepest desire is to spend time with You, lots of it. Not because I have to, but because there is nothing I'd rather do.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment