Friday, July 30, 2010

A Peaceful Easy Feeling - July 30, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."
Isaiah 57:21

Daily Thought

He drives fast, whips around a gentleman in a little red car, who is not in a hurry, and speeds ahead. The next light is red. Brake. Accelerate. Brake again.

"Speed checked by radar," means business on this street. Eyes dart from the rear view mirror to searching ahead, then back to the mirror. He will see the cop before the cop sees him.

Switching lanes for the 7th time in 12 miles, the last turn is ahead. He checks his watch. Fifteen minutes. Not bad.

"Why am I so tense?" He rubs his shoulder.

"There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."
--Isaiah 57:21

He turns the corner and glances at the mirror one last time, spying the little red car coasting through the intersection, 30 seconds behind.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God of Peace, when I follow You, when I walk on the path You lay before me, when I pursue righteousness, I live confidently and I enjoy peace. What a wonderful feeling it is, Father, to think back on my day without shame. To smile because I made You smile. To know that I do not fear getting caught because I have nothing to hide. To simply remember what is true because I told no lies.

God, when I do what is right, I find rest. And it's a lot easier to talk with You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment