Saturday, July 3, 2010

Go Wash Yourself - July 3, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But Naaman went away angry and said,
"I thought that he would surely come out to me
and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God,
wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy.
2Kings 5:11

Daily Thought

Naaman showed up at the door of Elisha with power. Horses and chariots, silver and gold.


"I thought that Elisha would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy."

God is not impressed with our power.
"Go, wash yourself."

Naaman went away angry.
--2Kings 5:10-11

The centurion showed up at the door of Jesus with faith.

"Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed."
--Matthew 8:8-9

God is delighted with our faith.
When Jesus heard this, he was astonished.

Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.
--Matthew 8:8-13

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, why do I try to impress You with what I can do? As if I can bring anything to You that You need. You created all things, You own the cattle on a thousand hills. It's not because You have any need that You delight in my company. You simply delight in my company. I don't understand that, but I'm thrilled.

God, I bring nothing to You except my faith, my devotion, my obedience, and my love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment