Wednesday, July 7, 2010

God Made In My Image - June 7, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
When God saw how Nineveh turned from its evil ways,
he had compassion and did not bring upon them
the destruction he had threatened.
But Jonah was greatly displeased and became angry.
Jonah 3:10-4:1

Daily Thought

You can tell you have made God in your image when it turns out he hates all the same people you do.
--Anne Lamott, bird by bird

The Pharisees asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
--Matthew 9:11

When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is-that she is a sinner."
--Luke 7:39

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, "Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and 'sinners.'"
--Luke 7:34

You can tell God has made you in his image when you love the same people he does.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
--Romans 5:8

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Savior God, You are full of mercy and grace. My love for You is displayed as I love people. In fact, You said it will be apparent that I am Your disciple by my love for others. God, help me improve at love. Teach me Your ways. May I be a servant like Your Son.

Thank You for Your salvation. It has changed my heart. If You can show that kind of love for me, how dare I not love others.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment