Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Silence Of The Lamb - July 29, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

Daily Thought

Pilate asked Jesus, "Don't you hear the testimony they are bringing against you?" But Jesus made no reply, to the great amazement of the governor.
--Matthew 27:13-14

The retort, the snappy comeback, the perfect counter punch that stuns and silences my adversary. The last word.

I love the last word, don't you?

He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
--Isaiah 53:7

Jesus was silent. He did not need or desire the last word.

Jesus gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"
--Matthew 27:50-54

Actions speak louder.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price


Daily Prayer

God, My Savior, You who made the heavens, placed the stars, grew the mountains, filled the seas. became the servant of man, the lamb of sacrifice, and suffered for my salvation. You showed Your glory through humility, Your majesty through affliction, Your wisdom through the cross.

Your Son cried, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?" I ask, my God, why have You pursued me? Who am I, O God, that You would show me grace and mercy, forgiveness and salvation? You are forever to be worshiped. You are my joy, my strength, my life.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment