Sunday, July 4, 2010

With All My Love - July 4, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
When Joram saw Jehu he asked, "Have you come in peace, Jehu?"
"How can there be peace," Jehu replied, "as long as all the idolatry
and witchcraft of your mother Jezebel abound?"
2Kings 9:22

Daily Thought

When you say "I do," you stop singing

a little bit of Monica in my life
a little bit of Erica by my side
a little bit of Rita is all I need
a little bit of Tina is what I see
--Mamba No. 5

When you love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength, there is no little bit left for Jezebel.

Do not let your heart turn to her ways
or stray into her paths.
Many are the victims she has brought down;
her slain are a mighty throng.
Her house is a highway to the grave,
leading down to the chambers of death.
--Proverbs 7:25-27

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, You are my God. All of me. I give my life fully to You. May my heart never stray, my thoughts never delight in other things, my eyes never wander. I will cast aside all things that could distract me from my devotion to You.

What amazes me, God, is that when I seek You first and only, all that I truly desire is mine. I lose nothing and gain eternity. But if I take my eyes off You and chase the world, I gain nothing and lose my soul.

Lord, may my love for You never falter. I know Your love for me never has.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment