Friday, July 16, 2010

Like The Most High - July 16, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High."
Isaiah 14:14

Daily Thought

"I will make myself like the Most High."
--Isaiah 14:13-14

Eve's way.
"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
--Genesis 3:5

The disciples' way.
They replied, "Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory."
--Mark 10:37

The devil's way.
You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God.
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
I will ascend above the tops of the clouds."
--Isaiah 14:13-14

Jesus's way.
He got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
--John 13:4-5

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the God most high he put Himself so low that we might be saved. Your Son came in humility, considering us better than Himself. You, God, showed that kind of humility for our sake.

I look forward to seeing You return again, in power this time. You have already demonstrated love to its fullest, dying for us even though we had turned out back on You. When You come again, we will see You in full glory, full power, full majesty, and still fully love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment