Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You and Me, Dad - July 28, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
Psalm 46:1-2

Daily Thought

He threw a ball and broke a vase, so he hid the pieces. But he was 5 years old and 5-year olds don't know how to hide things.

"Go to your room," I growled. And I waited.

Five minutes feels like five hours when you're five.

I put on my mad face and opened his door. He was sitting up in the top bunk, and his damp eyes met mine with one question: "Are we still okay, Dad? You and me?"

I smiled. And then he wasn't scared anymore.

He knew he was still in trouble, but trouble is okay as long as he knows Dad and Son are still okay.

Restore us, O LORD God Almighty;
make your face shine upon us,
that we may be saved.
--Psalm 80:19

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, though I turn away and do my own thing, and break rules, and wander off the path, Your grace is still before me. When I turn back to You and see Your love and say, "I'm sorry and I'll stop," You forgive me. Even when I do it again. And again.

God, I don't want to take You for granted, and I'm sorry when I do. I do what I don't want to do a lot, but less often as I grow in my trust and faith in Your goodness. I'm amazed that You still smile down on me, and forever I thank and praise You. You are my refuge, my strength, and my salvation.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment