Sunday, August 1, 2010

God Isn't Done With Me Yet - August 1, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Yet, O LORD, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

Daily Thought

The Statue of David, completed by Michelangelo in 1504, is one of the most renowned works of the Renaissance.

In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.
--Michelangelo

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
--Philippians 1:6

I simply chip away all that isn't David.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, You created man and woman in splendor. Eden was good. So were we, until we traded good for a chance to be god. Good is so much better. Thank You for not giving up on us.

Thank you for seeing within me the man You created me to be. God, continue to work on me, removing the stuff that was never intended to be there. I will try to cooperate, but when I don't keep chipping, even if it hurts. I trust You and look forward to becoming a masterpiece that glorifies my Artist.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment