Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just A Flesh Wound - August 8, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
They dress the wound of my people
as though it were not serious.
'Peace, peace,' they say,
when there is no peace.
Jeremiah 6:14

Daily Thought

"'Tis but a scratch," said the Black Knight.
"A scratch? Your arms off," exclaimed King Arthur.
"No it isn't," replied the Black Knight.
"Well, what's that then?" pointing at a detached arm.
"I've had worse."
"You lie!"
"C'mon you pansy."
"You've got no arms left."
"Just a flesh wound."
--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."
--Matthew 9:11-12

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Savior, my God, You were pierced for my transgressions, crushed for my iniquities. My sins were mortal, but Your grace and Your righteousness became mine. You took the punishment I deserved and brought me peace. By your wounds, my wounds were healed.

Thank You, Lord. I needed a Savior.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment