Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Sinless Society - August 30, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Because they lead my people astray,
saying, 'Peace,' when there is no peace,
and because, when a flimsy wall is built,
they cover it with whitewash,
therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash
that it is going to fall."
Ezekiel 13:10-11

Daily Thought

Oxford University Press removed "sin" from its latest edition of the Oxford Junior Dictionary.

"To reflect the fact that Britain is a modern, multicultural, multi-faith society," explained the publisher.

For all except the British have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
--Romans 3:23

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, I need You. I try (sometimes) to do what is right, but even then, it's just okay. Way too often, I don't even try. I sin, God. I do wrong, and I know it is wrong. No matter how hard I try, I cannot be good enough. Deep down inside, I know what good is. I know You are good, and You made me to be good, but I keep doing things my way instead of Your way. I need a Savior. I need Jesus Christ and His righteousness. I am going to stop trying to be good on my own. You have offered me Your goodness, Your righteousness, through the life, death, and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, my God and Savior. I put my life, all of my life, in Your hands.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment