Friday, August 13, 2010

When Nobody Is Around - August 13, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Can anyone hide in secret places
so that I cannot see him?"
declares the LORD.
"Do not I fill heaven and earth?"
declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 23:24

Daily Thought

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
--Psalm 139:1-4

Okay, I admit it. When no one's with me, I sing in the car. You should hear me!

Well, actually, you shouldn't.

When no one's around, I stand in front of a mirror, swinging an imaginary bat. Two outs, bottom of the ninth. You know what happens next. You've done it, too.

When I'm all by myself, I admit, I do some pretty silly things.

But I'm not admitting everything, am I?

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
See if there is any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
--Psalm 139:23-24

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Saving God, You know everything there is to know about me. You know what I do before I do it because You know what I'm thinking before it enters my mind. You know me that well. When I think about what You know, and then picture the cross with Your Son hanging on it because of all those things You know about me, I am silent and I am so thankful. Even while I, and everyone else, sin, when we all do what is wicked, You continue to love me, to love us, and to humbly sacrifice Yourself for our sake.

And there are some who dare to call You an unloving God! You died for that sin, as well.

My God, you are love.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment