Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Name On The Front - August 3, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or discouraged
because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him,
for there is a greater power with us than with him.
With him is only the arm of flesh,
but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles."
2Chronicles 32:7-8

Daily Thought

How then can your god deliver you from my hand? No god of any nation or kingdom has been able to deliver his people from my hand or the hand of my fathers. How much less will your god deliver you from my hand!
--Sennacherib, King of Assyria (2Chronicles 32:14-15)

Herb Brooks coached the U.S. Hockey team to gold at the 1980 Olympic Winter Games in Lake Placid, New York. In route to gold, they defeated the best hockey team in the world, the Soviet Union.

"Think you can win on talent alone? Gentlemen, you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone. When you pull on that jersey, you represent yourself and your teammates. And the name on the front is a lot more important than the name on the back."
--Coach Herb Brooks

The LORD said, "My Name will remain in Jerusalem forever."
--2Chronicles 33:4

King Hezekiah and Isaiah cried out in prayer to heaven. And the LORD sent an angel, who annihilated all the fighting men and the leaders and officers in the camp of the Assyrian king. So he withdrew to his own land in disgrace.
2Chronicles 32:20-21

"Do you believe in miracles? Yes!"
--Play-By Play Commentator Al Michaels

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord Almighty, Everlasting God, Prince of Peace, King of kings. The Name above all names, Jesus Christ, by His Name we are saved.

By the Name of Jesus I live, I pray, I serve. To Your glory, O God, may I never wear Your Name in vain. By my words or deeds, may I never empty it of its power, its majesty, its righteousness and justice and holiness and peace.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment