Monday, August 23, 2010

Flip A Coin - August 23, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
My people have been lost sheep;
their shepherds have led them astray
and caused them to roam on the mountains.
They wandered over mountain and hill
and forgot their own resting place.
Jeremiah 50:6

Daily Thought

It was 1976 and gas was cheap (60 cents a gallon). We filled half a tank with a dime to spare. Heads right, tails left, and we kept flipping the dime.

Four hours later we were in the middle of nowhere with no gas and no idea how to get home.

But we had a dime, and phone calls were a dime in 1976. "Hello, Dad, uh... we could use some help."

"Lord, we don't know the way."
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
--John 14:5-6

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Lord God, What a wonderful Savior. You have promised to prepare a place for me. A mansion. (Not that I deserve it.) I have put my trust in You, mostly because I found I couldn't trust myself. I discovered You, or better, You found me, and revealed Yourself to me with Your love. It is Your love that draws me to You and invites me home.

Thank You, God, for seeking and saving the lost. Me.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment