Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baseball Cards And Bicycles - August 24, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Every man is senseless and without knowledge;
every goldsmith is shamed by his idols.
His images are a fraud;
they have no breath in them.
Jeremiah 51:17

Daily Thought

We were just kids. We didn't know any better.

We liked the clicking sound a baseball card made when you clothes-pinned it to the spokes on your bicycle. Didn't matter what card. Mickey Mantle made the same noise as Yogi Berra.

1909 Honus Wagner, 2B Pittsburgh Pirates
sold for $2,800,000

1914 Babe Ruth, Pitcher Baltimore News
$517,000

1952 Mickey Mantle, OF New York Yankees
$282,000

We weren't smart enough to know the value of a 2"x3" piece of cardboard.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Most Wonderful God, I worship You. The galaxies, the stars, the moon and sun, planet earth, oceans, animals, and me. You created it all, simply by Your Word. You spoke and it was, and it was good.

There are times, God, when I value things more than the Creator of everything. When creation steals more of my attention than the Creator. Lord, may I never lose sight of You, Your glory, Your wisdom. May I always be foolish enough to disdain the wisdom and the wealth of this world, and find my full value in You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment