Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Am The Greatest - August 31, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
All the trees of the field will know that
I the LORD bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall.
I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish.
"'I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it.' "
Ezekiel 17:24

Daily Thought

Rickey Henderson is the best of all time. Just ask him.

May 1, 1991, Rickey Henderson stole base number 939. Standing next to Lou Brock, who only stole 938 bases, Henderson proclaimed, "Lou Brock was the best in his time. But today, I am the best of all time."

The best of all time was headed for the headlines.

Except a pitcher, a quiet man who spoke with his arm, not his mouth, threw a no-hitter that day. Not just any no-hitter. It was #7. Not just any pitcher. It was 44 year old Nolan Ryan.

Headline, May 2, 1991, "Ryan Steals The Thunder."

For a small article about Rickey, look below the fold.

"When someone invites you to a feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. If so, the host will say, 'Give this man your seat.' Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
--Luke 14:8-9, 11

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, may You always receive the glory. In all of creation and in everything I do. Yours is the Name above all names.

What is astounding is I am not only part of Your family, but I am a co-heir with Your Son, Jesus Christ. Not only am I clothed in His righteousness, but I share His eternal treasure. Thank You, Father, because when I make You first, I discover all my dreams and desires are fulfilled. My greatest joy comes in Your glory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment