Friday, August 27, 2010

He Was A Very Very Very Good Man - August 27, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The word of the LORD came to me,
"When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,'
and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways
in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin,
and I will hold you accountable for his blood."
Ezekiel 3:18

Daily Thought

Penn Jillette does not believe he needs saving. He is an atheist. He believes there is no God. He believes there is no everlasting life.

A man approached Penn Jillette with a gift. "I brought this for you." A Bible. The man believed Penn Jillette needs saving.

I know what Penn Jillette thinks about the Bible. I know what he thinks about God. I know what he thinks about heaven and hell and salvation.

I knew what he would think about this man.

"He was a very very very good man." I was wrong.

"I don't respect people who don't proselytize," reasoned Jillette. "How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them about it?"

Good question.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Everlasting God, out of love You created us. You created us in Your image and You created us good. I can only imagine what it was like to know You back then. No sin, no separation, no need of a Savior. I could see You clearly and worship You fully.

No I've sinned, I am separated, and I truly need a Savior. And you delivered. You gave Your Son and brought me back close to You with the hope of eternity in Your presence. You sent Your Son for me, and He came. You now send me to others. I will go.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment