Monday, August 2, 2010

When God Says "Yes" - August 2, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death.
The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said,
"This is what the LORD says: Put your house in order,
because you are going to die; you will not recover."
2Kings 20:1

Daily Thought

"This is what the LORD says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover."
--2Kings 20:1

Hezekiah prayed and God answered.

You will recover. You will not die.

Therefore, Hezekiah didn't put his house in order.

Manasseh his son succeeded him as king. He did evil in the eyes of the LORD.
--2Kings 20:19; 21:2

Our greater challenge is not unanswered prayers, but what we do with the prayers God answers.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Lord, my God, I love You with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my strength. Your commandments will be upon my heart. I will impress them on my children, talk about them when I sit at home and when I walk along the road, when I lie down and when I get up.

God, bless my household. May my family, my spouse and children, follow You all the days of our lives. As for me and my house, we will serve You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment