Saturday, August 28, 2010

Silly Monkey - August 28, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
They were proud of their beautiful jewelry
and used it to make their detestable idols and vile images.
Therefore I will turn these into an unclean thing for them.
Ezekiel 7:20

Daily Thought

To catch a monkey, find a jar with a small opening and put fruit in the jar. The monkey reaches in and grabs the fruit, but a fist clutching fruit will not fit through the opening. He is trapped.

All the monkey has to do is let go of the fruit, and he will be free.

"One thing you lack," Jesus said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.
--Mark 10:21-22

Silly monkey.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, Maker of the heavens and the earth, Creator of all things, Owner of cattle on a thousand hills. I've always liked that last one. Not a thousand cows. A thousand hills of cows. I clutch trinkets and miss your treasures.

The greatest of all treasures, my God, is knowing You. May I cast aside all that entangles me, no matter how much it delights, if it stands in the way of knowing You. You, God, are my treasure.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment