Monday, August 9, 2010

It Really Is All About Who You Know - August 9, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
This is what the LORD says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,
but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 9:23-24

Daily Thought

I chair the Department of Philosophy, Harvard. Philosophy of Mind, Cognitive Science, and Perception, Imagination and Memory, Aesthetics, and Philosophy of Literature. Ask me anything.

Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this.
--Job 38:4, 18

I'm a 4-star General, United States Army, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the one and only world super-power.

He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
--1John 4:4

I built a tower in the middle of Manhattan. It has my name on it. I'm on the speed dial of Presidents and Kings. And Oprah. I have my very own television network. And an NFL football team.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven.
--Matthew 6:19-20

I know your Son. He is my friend.

For God so loved the world
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believes in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Lord and God, I do not rely on myself. I know I am created in Your image, and I can do all things through You, because it is from You and You alone that I have the strength. In my sin, I diminish Your glory, but in Your Son, Your glory shines anew.

Thank You for this life, and all that is in it. God, whatever riches and pleasures and blessings come my way, may I lay them at Your feet. Your glory is my delight.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment