Thursday, August 12, 2010

Like Clay In The Hand Of The Potter - August 12, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then the word of the LORD came to me:
"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?"
declares the LORD. "Like clay in the hand of the potter,
so are you in my hand, O house of Israel."
Jeremiah 18:5-6

Daily Thought

"The kind of God I would follow..."
"I don't believe in a God of..."
"My God would..."

Do men make their own gods?
Yes, but they are not gods!"
--Jeremiah 16:20

Idolatry: I am the potter; God is the clay

The LORD God formed the man
from the dust of the ground
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life,
and the man became a living being.
--Genesis 2:7

God is the potter; I am the clay: Worship

We have this treasure in jars of clay
to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
--2Corinthians 4:7

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

It's incredible, God, that You created me in Your image. I don't even know what that means! If I am in Your image, then in some way, You should be seen in me. The problem, God, is that I turned the tables and have made You in my image. I sin, and my pride clouds Your glory.

Mold me anew, Almighty God. Shape me, make me again a repository of Your majesty. Make me look like You! I know it will hurt when I resist, so You may need to break me at times, but it's worth it, if it leads to Your grace, Your holiness, Your peace, and Your glory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment