Saturday, August 14, 2010

Discipline = Love - August 14, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
This word came from the LORD,
"Tell them everything I command you; do not omit a word.
Perhaps they will listen and each will turn from his evil way.
Then I will relent and not bring on them the disaster I was planning
because of the evil they have done."
Jeremiah 26:2-3

Daily Thought

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
--Hebrews 12:11

"This is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me."
--Dad

At least he was honest about it.

He taught me not to lie.
Not to cheat, but to play fair.
Not to steal, but to share.
To get along. Keep my commitments. Do my chores.
Don't hit my brother.
Honor Mom and Dad. And my elders.
He taught me to be honest, to be kind, and to be good.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, You made us good. You said so. "Very good," is what You said. In Your image, male and female You created us.

And now, God, You are remaking us, restoring us, returning us to Your image. To "good." The process is painful at times. Lots of the time, because we are stubborn and we resist, and we don't always want to do things Your way. But, God, as we learn to trust You, we grow more like You. Small steps, but progress nonetheless. Thank You God for not giving up. Thank You, even, for Your discipline, because in Your discipline we see Your love.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment