Friday, August 20, 2010

Who's In Charge? - August 19, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
So Judah went into captivity, away from her land.
2Kings 25:21

Daily Thought

"I'm the King of the World."
--Jack Dawson, Titanic

At 20, he was partying. "I can handle my liquor."
I am the King of my world!

At 40, Step 1 of 12, "I admit I am powerless over my addiction - that my life has become unmanageable."

You are not king. Jack Dawson wasn't either. The Titanic sunk.

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
--John 18:37

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Sovereign God, You are King. I have discovered that all sin leads to slavery. When I lie, I may get a step ahead, but I can never go back. I'm enslaved to the lie. When I cheat, I'm a slave, as well. When I envy and chase after other people's dreams, I end up with debts I cannot cover and bills I cannot pay. All sin leads to slavery.

I would rather call You Master, because Your righteousness leads to life. Sin just kills me. You are my King, my God, my Savior, my Lord.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment