Saturday, August 21, 2010

Step Onto The Ledge - August 21, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Whether it is favorable or unfavorable,
we will obey the LORD our God,
to whom we are sending you,
so that it will go well with us,
for we will obey the LORD our God.
Jeremiah 42:6

Daily Thought

Take the elevator up. Willis Tower, Chicago, 103rd floor. Step onto the Ledge. Look down.

You do not see the glass floor you are standing on. You see Wacker Drive, 1,353 feet below. Straight down.

Fear. Falling and splatting.

Facts. Each glass panel is an inch and a half thick, weighs 1,500 lbs, and will support 5 tons. You can safely park 3 cars in the box.

Faith.
Being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
--Hebrews 11:1

Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the LORD, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands.
--Jeremiah 42:11

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Almighty God, You are forever faithful and true. I place my trust in You because You are the Rock, the Solid Foundation on which to build my life.

Sometimes God I am tempted to trust in things I can hold. I would rather trust in He who holds me. You are my God. I will place my faith in the One who is always faithful.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment