Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In God We Trust - August 18, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
They burned your sanctuary to the ground;
they defiled the dwelling place of your Name.
Psalm 74:7

Daily Thought

They said in their hearts, "We will crush them completely!" They burned every place where God was worshiped in the land.
--Psalm 74:8

They wanted to remove God from the land of His people.

J
esus declared, "A time is coming and has now come when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. True worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth."
--John 4:21-23

It didn't work, because God doesn't live in the land of His people.

He lives in the heart of His people.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Savior, You stand at the door of Your church, knocking. Waiting. Waiting to be invited in. To be welcomed. To be placed on the throne of our lives. How can we possibly keep You waiting. God, please enter our lives, our hearts, our world, and take over. Take command. Be my Lord and my Savior. I will follow You.

God, I am a citizen of Your Kingdom. I am Your ambassador of grace, taking Your Good News to a world deeply in need of good news. May my words and my life loudly proclaim the Name of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment