Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Am Not A Rock. I Am Not An Island. - August 10, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.
Jeremiah 10:23

Daily Thought

"I touch no one and no one touches me."
I Am A Rock, by Paul Simon, Simon and Garfunkel

My facebook profile (twitter, too) says,

Child of God.
Husband to Debbie;
Daddy to Abby, Sheley, Ryan, & Sam.
Son of Dean & Diane.
Drew's my bro.
Long-time youth guy turned senior pastor.

My steps leave an imprint on those around me, and those around me, in turn, shape who I am. But mostly the hands of God. I am not a rock.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works.
--Ephesians 2:10

I am not an island. No one is.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Father in heaven, You are holy and good, righteous and wonderful, and You made me in Your image. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Every one is. May I see them that way, treat them that way, love them as You love.

I know, God, that I am my brother's keeper, that the welfare of others is my concern. You have blessed me, Lord, and I shall bless others in Your Name. What I have I will share. May I hold loosely that which You put in my possession. May I be a agent of Your grace to this world.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment