Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Did It Thy Way - August 11, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.
Jeremiah 17:5

Daily Thought

I never saw Frank Sinatra.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has not.
--My Way, Frank Sinatra,
December 12, 1915 - May 14, 1998

I never will. He lived for today, and now he's gone.

Martin Luther, on the other hand...

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
--Martin Luther, November 10, 1483 - eternity

He's planning ahead.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.
--Jeremiah 17:7-8

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God of all eternity, In the beginning, You are. In fact, You told us You're Name: "I Am that I Am." You are before time, and outside of time, and beyond time, And I have no idea what that even means. All I know is it means You are beyond me, beyond my understanding, and worthy of worship.

You who were outside of time, entered time to tell a story, beginning with Creation and culminating with an eternal Kingdom. Your Son, Jesus Christ, my King, my Savior, my Lord, is on the throne. I give You my full allegiance. My life is Yours.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment