Friday, August 6, 2010

He Will Quiet You With His Love - August 6, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

Daily Thought

Abby knew when I was sitting down and when I was standing. She preferred standing. At 3am even. She violently preferred standing. Boy could she cry.

Debbie called it "colic." Moms always know what things are called. I looked it up: a condition, usually in infants, characterized by incessant crying.

Abby had colic.

I took the night shift. I learned the football hold, cradling her, tummy down on my forearm, like Gale Sayers carrying the pigskin, eluding a linebacker. I sang the songs she liked and told her stories of knights and princesses and dragons. I walked with her all night. And sometimes she quieted and slept.

Those nights were long. And those nights were wonderful.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

I finally learned that babies quit crying when you put them in the car seat and take them for a drive.

Daily Prayer

Father in heaven, You are strong and gentle, majestic and tender. You speak truth with grace, and Your righteousness walks side-by-side with forgiveness. You look down on me with a love I can barely comprehend, yet I cannot live life without it.

God, may I fear nothing else in this world. I know You are my shelter and my strength, therefore, I love freely and live in peace.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment