Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Auto Repair For Dummies - August 17, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Therefore, this is what the LORD God Almighty,
the God of Israel, says:
'Listen! I am going to bring on Judah
and on everyone living in Jerusalem
every disaster I pronounced against them.
I spoke to them, but they did not listen;
I called to them, but they did not answer.'"
Jeremiah 35:17

Daily Thought

There was a loud knock in his engine.

His wife said, "You should do something about that sound."

He nodded, "You're right," and turned up the radio.

For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'
--Matthew 13:15

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word is life itself. It lights the path in front of me and leads me in the way everlasting. It is good, and it is good for me. I will read it and hear it, listen to it and follow it. I will put it in my heart and meditate on it.

There are other words, other advisers, calling out to me, distracting me from Your Word and Your way. What they offer sounds fun and free, worldly and wonderful. May I choose what is heavenly and good, what comes from faith and gives hope. May I choose Your joy and Your love. May I choose You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment