Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Could Or Should - April 21, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
In the course of time, David inquired of the LORD.
"Shall I go up to one of the towns of Judah?" he asked.
The LORD said, "Go up."
David asked, "Where shall I go?"
"To Hebron," the LORD answered.
2Samuel 2:1

Daily Thought

The king is dead. Long live the king.

King Saul has died. David can take the throne. David can do anything he wants to do.

David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I...?"
--2Samuel 2:1

can: to be able to; have the ability, power, or skill to
shall: to seek duty or permission

If David does what he can,
he is limited only by what he is able to do.

If David does what he should,
he is limited only by what God is able to do.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Lord God Almighty, You are on the throne. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth, in my life, here and now, and forever. May Your Name be known, may every knee bow and confess You Lord.

God, I serve You and only You. May my love for You be seen in my obedience to Your ways, my allegiance to Your will. When I serve You, I serve the highest good. May I never lose sight of who truly is my God and my Savior. May I keep my eyes on You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment