Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's Family - April 27, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The descendants of Elkanah:
Amasai, Ahimoth,
Elkanah his son, Zophai his son,
Nahath his son, Eliab his son,
Jeroham his son, Elkanah his son
and Samuel his son.
1Chronicles 6:25-27

Daily Thought

Those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ.
--Romans 8:14-17

Growing up, I can tell you where I was on the third Sunday of July. Doesn't matter what year.

If you are a Price, or you had the good fortune to marry a Price, then on the third Sunday of July you were at William Land Park in Sacramento. Every year.

Clarence (Curly) Price married Sylvia Troxel, and had a son named Dean, and four other sons and daughters. Dean had two sons, Drew and Dave. That's me. I'm a Price.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
--Galatians 6:10

Fried chicken, baked beans, apple pie.
Fairy Tale Town, the Sacramento Zoo, volleyball and softball.

My cousin Jerry is a lieutenant in the Air Force. On any given day, he could be anywhere in the world. On the third Sunday of July, he was at William Land Park.

Uncle Charlie drove himself to the picnic. From Chicago. He was 88 years old.

It's family.

"My children, a new command I give you: Love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
--John 13:33-35

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

My Heavenly Father. Amazing. I am a child of God. Not merely through creation, but through adoption. You have purchased me with the blood of Your Son, through His death, burial, and resurrection. You restore me to Your family. I am a heir of heaven's riches, co-heir with Jesus and the rest of the family.

I pray, my God, that during this life on earth the family resemblance would become more and more apparent.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment