Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daddy, Catch Me - April 18, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
Psalm 63:3

Daily Thought

I was on the floor in my daughters' room, staring at "Some Assembly Required."

"Daddy, catch me!"

Four-year-old Sheley was airborne before I turned, having abandoned her perch on the top bunk.

I caught her, and she giggled, because she knew I would.

The apostle Paul said, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." But that's not what he really said.

He really said, "Daddy, catch me!"

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Our Heavenly Father, You are all-powerful and all-loving and all-good. I know that I can fully put my life in Your hands. I know I can fully put my death in Your hands. Because You hold eternity, and because Your will is done and will be done.

God, may I live on earth with heaven in mind. May I live in time in light of eternity. May I live Your eternal kingdom here on earth, as it is in heaven. May I leap into Your arms, knowing You can and will catch me. May I walk on water whenever You say, "Come."

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment