Sunday, April 4, 2010

Power Made Perfect - April 4, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The angel of the LORD appeared to her and said,
"You are sterile and childless,
but you are going to conceive and have a son."
Judges 13:3

Daily Thought

In the days before you could jump higher than you are tall, Bill Cosby was a high jumper.

Girls were watching. Cosby said, "Set the bar at 6' 2". Bill Cosby is 6' 1". "If I can't jump my own height, why can't I jump one inch over my own height."

There are only 3 people who make statements like that:
  • Nonsensical people
  • Comedians
  • God
God said to the wife of Manoah, "You are barren and sterile. You will have a son."
--Judges 13:3

She had a son. Samson.

But the LORD said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
--2Corinthians 12:9-10

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God Almighty, I can do all things through You. You give me the strength to find peace and contentment in any circumstance. Whether I have plenty or am in need, weak or strong, You are my strength. If You are for me, who can be against me.

God, may I walk in the confidence of Your strength, and the humility of mine. I pray that I grow daily in dependence on You, and in replacing my will with Yours.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment