Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset - April 22, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other.
Psalm 19:4-6


Daily Thought

The intense red and orange hues of the sky at sunrise and sunset are mainly caused by scattering of sunlight by dust particles, soot particles, other solid aerosols, and liquid aerosols in the Earth's atmosphere.

The Raleigh equation along with Mie theory employing discrete dipole approximation will mathematically account for the enhancement of the colors.
Of course. That explains it. Thanks.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
--Psalm 19:1-2

The sky unfolds in front of me, colors stroking the heavens. I call my wife and holding her hand, we gaze. Wherever I was rushing will wait, because the world has stopped, and we survey the skies, taking time to taste the wonder of the Almighty.

Explain that.

There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
--Psalm 19:3-4

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Wonderful God, what an incredible creation. The splendor, the spectacular array of colors, shapes, aromas. They speak of Your majesty, Your artistry, Your creativity, Your wisdom, Your power. All of creation glorifies You.

You have called me Your "poema," Your workmanship, Your poem. God, when I look at each person You created, I see a work of art. Your work. My Creator, I pray I will always treat Your workmanship with love and respect, appreciating the wonder of Your handiwork in each and every one of us.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment