Saturday, April 10, 2010

So Much Baggage - April 10, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
So they inquired further of the LORD,
"Has the man come here yet?"
And the LORD said,
"Yes, he has hidden himself among the baggage."
Judges 10:22

Daily Thought

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
--Psalm 139:13-14

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
--Ephesians 2:10

"I'm really not sure I can do that."

"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
--2Corinthians 12:9

"There are so many others more qualified."

On the contrary,
those parts of the body that seem to be weaker
are indispensable,
and the parts that we think are less honorable
we treat with special honor.
--1Corinthians 12:22-23

"Right now I have to focus, but as soon as this passes, call me."

Another disciple said to him,
"Lord, first let me go and bury my father."
But Jesus told him,
"Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
--Matthew 8:21-22

"Sports." "Band." "Homework." "The job." "Life."

Other seed fell among thorns,
which grew up and choked the plants.
Still other seed fell on good soil,
where it produced a crop-
a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
--Matthew 13:7-8

Yes, we have hidden ourselves among the baggage.

Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
--Matthew 5:16

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

What a wonderful Creator. I look around at the world, the skies and the land, filled with marvelous works of Your hand. I cannot help but stop and marvel.

Then I read, "Let us make man in our own image, male and female. Let them rule over land and sea and air." God, I pray that I rule well the kingdom you put in front of me. I pray that each of us, male and female, display Your wisdom in all we say and do.

God, I am willing and I need Your help.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment