Monday, April 19, 2010

Turn On The Light - April 19, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.
Psalm 18:28

Daily Thought

Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
--Psalm 119:105

My mind thinks its smart. My mind says to my hand, "Don't turn on the light. I know my way to the kitchen."

My big toe thinks differently. He remembers last time. He remembers the leg of the coffee table. He says to my hand, "Turn on the light. Turn on the light."

My mind is proud, and my big toe pays the price.

Light has come into the world,
but men loved darkness instead of light.
--John 3:19

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Everlasting Father, all of hope rests in You. Away from You can only lead to despair and darkness. You are the light of the World. Your Word shines a light on my path and makes my way straight.

God, daily I will spend time in Your Word. I will put it in my mind and deep in my heart so that it stays with me throughout the day. Thank You for the truth. Your truth. I want to build my house on solid ground.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment