Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Reason Not To - April 14, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
He said to his men, "The LORD forbid that
I should do such a thing to my master,
the LORD's anointed, or lift my hand against him;
for he is the anointed of the LORD."
1Samuel 24:6

Daily Thought

Saul disobeyed God.

Saul tried to kill David. Saul murdered 85 priests. Saul did not fight Goliath. David did.

Saul tried to kill David again. Saul killed thousands, but David killed tens of thousands. David was a better man. David was a better warrior.

Saul tried to kill David again. Saul was a disgrace as king. David should be king, and David will be king.

And Saul was still trying to kill David.

But, Saul was God's anointed.

David had every reason to destroy Saul,
and one reason not to.

The LORD is my light and my salvation-
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life-
of whom shall I be afraid?
--Psalm 27:1, A Psalm of David

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God, my Savior, I offer myself, body, soul, and spirit, as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to You. I love You, heart, soul, mind, and strength. Transform me God, to reflect Your glory, to resemble Your Son.

You would rather I obey than play religion. My obedience is not a demonstration of my righteousness, but a sign of my love. I want to know Your Word, follow Your ways, and live in Your love. God, my strength comes from Christ, and Him crucified. Nothing more, nothing less.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment