Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Dash - April 29, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD;
he did not keep the word of the LORD
and even consulted a medium for guidance.
1Chronicles 10:13

Daily Thought

The dash. A short punctuation mark, enormously important.

The dash sits between two dates, like this:

date of birth - date of death

Both dates are beginnings. The first begins life; the second begins eternity.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
--2Corinthians 5:10

The dash is all of life between. The dash is the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

The dash. A short punctuation mark, enormously important.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Lord God, You breathed in me and gave me life. A life with purpose and the potential to glorify You. You have given Your Word so that I may know You and know Your ways. One thing I know is I am accountable to You for my life lived. It is given to man once to die and then comes judgment.

I long to hear Your pleasure at my judgment. Daily, God, I offer myself to You, to Your work on earth, to promote Your Kingdom, to extend Your love, to serve Your creation. May I be true to Your Word.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment