Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Leap Of Faith - April 11, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Saul, your kingdom will not endure;
the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart
and appointed him leader of his people,
because you have not kept the LORD's command."
1Samuel 13:14

Daily Thought

A squirrel jumped from one tree to another. The limb he aimed at he missed, but there was another beneath. Hundreds jump and many miss the branch, but none miss the tree.

It's what they do if they don't want to spend their whole lives in one tree.

The army of Israel possessed only two swords. One with Saul, the king. Jonathan, his son, held the other.

Jonathan said to his armor-bearer, "Come, then; we will cross over toward the men and let them see us. If they say to us, 'Wait there until we come to you,' we will stay where we are and not go up to them. But if they say, 'Come up to us,' we will climb up, because that will be our sign that the LORD has given them into our hands."
--1Samuel 14:8-10

This is a dumb plan. Jonathan's armor bearer said, "I'm with you heart and soul." His mind wasn't coming.

And they jumped.

Meanwhile, Saul stayed under a pomegranate tree.
--1Samuel 14:2

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God, Your ways are not man's ways. By faith, I follow You. I trust You and I will jump when You call. I know if it is according to my strength and my wisdom, then I am in danger of taking credit. Therefore, God, my strength and my wisdom I submit to my heart and my soul, and I will follow You in faith.

And You get the glory.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment