Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The List - April 7, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
At this, the kinsman-redeemer said,
"Then I cannot redeem it
because I might endanger my own estate.
You redeem it yourself. I cannot do it."
Ruth 4:6

Daily Thought

Matthew 1 is "The List." "The List" ends with Joseph, Mary, and Jesus, who is called Christ.

The book of Ruth put a lot of people on "The List." Ruth, Boaz, Obed, Jesse, and David.

One guy didn't make "The List."

At this, the kinsman-redeemer said, "Then I cannot redeem it because I might endanger my own estate. You redeem it yourself. I cannot do it."
--Ruth 4:6

He held onto his estate.

His estate held onto him. We never got his name.

Rejoice that your names are written in heaven.
--Luke 10:20

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Our God, You are All in All. Your Name, "I Am That I Am," proclaims who You are. You are Creator, the First and the Last. Simply put, there is nothing more important, more valuable than knowing You. You are most worthy of my attention and praise.

God, my desire is to stay focused on You, to hold loosely all things except You, to seek first Your Kingdom and Your righteousness, to leave my name in Your hands and to hold onto Your Name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment