Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Need to Lose 30 Lbs - April 28, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts
to follow their own devices.
Psalm 81:12

Daily Thought

I need to go on a diet. I need to lose 30 lbs.

Leatherby's Family Creamery makes the best peanut butter and chocolate milkshake. X-large.

You shall have no foreign god among you.
--Psalm 81:9

I brought one home.

Then I remembered my diet. I looked at the shake, then I looked at my tummy. I placed my Leatherby's X-large peanut butter and chocolate milkshake in the freezer.

No really, you shall have no foreign god among you.
--Psalm 81:9

Kneeling in my bedroom I prayed, "God, please don't let me drink the milkshake I am keeping cold in the freezer."

So God gave them over to their stubborn hearts
to follow their own devices.
Psalm 81:12

I drank the milkshake.

Each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to...
--James 1:14-15

I need to lose 35 lbs.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Wonderful God, You have given me both mercy and grace. You love me in spite of myself. You are amazing. Because of this, I want to make myself a sacrifice to You. Everything about me, everything I do, may I please You. In my weakness, I will frustrate myself, and You as well. Thank You that each time I fall, Your Spirit stays with me, helping me up again, and pointing me back in the right direction.

May my steps between stumbles increase.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment